CBSE announced their syllabus for NEET Exam. There is not changes in NEET 2018 Syllabus. CBSE will conduct NEET 2018 in the month of May 2018. It is expected that CBSE will release application form soon likely in the last week of January 2018. However, official exam dates are soon to be declared by the conducting authority. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test also known as NEET. It is a top level medical entrance exam serving as a gateway for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in various medical and dental colleges in India approved by DCI/MCI. Students who fulfill the basic eligibility criteria can apply online @cbseneet.nic.in. Get here complete details of NEET 2018 such as eligibility, exam dates, application form, exam pattern, admit card and result.
Syllabus for NEET Exam will be exactly same as it was in 2017. CBSE declared that there is no changes in the NEET UG 2018 Syllabus.
Download NEET 2018 Syllabus from here.
NEET 2017 was held on May 7 in 10 languages at 1921 exam centres in 103 cities. Further, a total of 11,38,890 students registered for NEET 2017 including 1522 NRIs, 480 OCIs, 70 PIOs and 613 Foreigners. All medical institutions consider NEET Score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses.Changes Introduced in NEET 2018:
Candidates who belong from general/OBC category may attempt the NEET exam 9 times, relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates. They can attempt it 14 times.
As per the latest news, the exam will be conducted in both language English and Hindi.
NEET 2018 Important Notification:
- NEET Notification will be released on January 2018 (tentatively). It is to be held on Thursday 10th May 2018 (tentatively).
- NEET Application form will be available from the last week of January 2018 as per the resources.
NEET Exam Dates
Check the important NEET Exam dates from the below given table:
|Release of application form||First week of Januray, 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of January, 2017|
|Last date to submit application fee||Last week of January, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April, 2018|
|Date of Examination||10th May, 2018|
|Announcement of result||1st week of June, 2018|
|Counselling||12th – 24th June, 2018|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for NEET 2018, candidates need to check eligibility criteria to ensure that they are eligible or not for applying for the entrance examination. Only eligible candidates can apply for the exam. If the conducting authority finds any candidate to be ineligible, his/her application form will be cancelled. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. Nationality of Candidates:
- Candidates should be an Indian citizen. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for the entrance examination.
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible for all India 15% quota. On the basis of self-declaration, they are also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune.
- Candidates should have Aadhaar Card for NEET 2018 registration (Aadhar Card is Mandatory process for NEET Application Process).
2. Age Limit:
- Candidates should be minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December at admission time.
- The maximum age limit for candidates is 25 years (General and OBC category) and 30 years (reserved categories).
- Candidates must have qualified in 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who are appearing in 10+ 2 examination can also apply.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as compulsory subjects to apply for NEET 2018.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (general), 45% marks (general-PH) and 40% marks (SC/ST and OBC) in the qualifying examination.
NEET 2018 Application Form:
Only eligible candidates can apply for the NEET examination. The NEET 2018 application form will be available on the official website from the last week of January, 2017. The procedure of filling the application form is listed below:
- Candidates can fill the NEET 2018 application form through online mode.
- Visit the official website for the registration process.
- Candidates need to fill carefully all the required details in the application form such as personal details, qualification details, contact details, etc.
- Candidates need to upload scanned images of their signature, photograph and index finger thumb impression in the prescribed guidelines as per the information.
- Candidates need to make the payment of the application fee. The payment can be done via online and offline mode.
- After making the payment and submitting the application form, candidates should take a printout of the confirmation page.
- Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the final confirmation page of the application form for future purposes.
NEET 2018 Application Fee:
- The application fee for candidates under general and OBC category is 1400 INR.
- The application fee for candidates under SC/ST category and PH candidates is 750 INR.
- Candidates can make the payment of the application fee in the online mode (debit card/credit card or net banking).
- If candidates choose to make the payment of the application fee in the offline mode, they can do it through bank Challan (e-challan).
Candidates can submit only one application form for appearing in NEET 2018. Multiple applications from a single candidate will not be entertained by the authority. Candidates should carefully fill the application form so that all the details mentioned on the form are accurate.
NEET 2018- www.cbseneet.nic.in or www.aipmt.nic.in?
Candidates should no longer remain confused as to what will be the official website for NEET 2018. They must find all important updates related to the exam at www.cbseneet.nic.in since CBSE has been the conducting body for the exam from 2017. In 2016, NEET was conducted by AIPMT which no longer conducts medical undergraduate exam.
NEET 2018 Application Form will be made available from February, 2018 at the official website of NEET. While you filling Application form you must check the guidelines How to apply?
NEET Registration involves the following steps:
You will have to register on the NEET website to fill in the application form.
Filling Application Form
You are required to fill in your personal details, academic details, choice of exam center and others such.
Upload scanned copies of your passport sized photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
Payment of Application Fee
Application fee of INR 1400 for general category candidates and INR 750 for reserved category needs to be paid via online and offline mode.
After successful completion of the payment, a confirmation page will be generated, the printout of which needs to be sent to CBSE along with the proof of payment to the below-mentioned address.
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
NEET Exam Pattern
NEET is a pen and paper based (offline mode)examination. Here we are listed the exam pattern in tabular form:
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (4 options with 1 correct answer). The questions will be of objective type.|
|Language of question paper||English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telegu, Gujarati, Marathi|
|Total Number of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be given for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark deducted for each wrong answer|
Check the questions asked from the different section containing the total marks:
|Subject||Number of Question||Marks|
Candidates need to give emphasis on all the 4 subjects as equal number of questions is asked from each subject.
NEET 2018 Syllabus:
MCI (Medical Council of India) has prescribed a common syllabus for NEET Examination. The syllabus comprises from subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology. It will be based on the books of 11th and 12th standard. Syllabus will be designed once it will be confirmed by the various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE.
NEET 2018 Preparation Tips:
- Download the prescribed syllabus for the entrance examination which is designed by the CBSE.
- Create a proper time table which you can follow.
- Candidates need to select the best study material like books.
- Attempt mock test which is designed by the CBSE.
- Avoid last moments preparation strategy.
- Don’t try to touch a new topics till you have not good command over the previous topics.
NEET 2018 Admit Card:
NEET 2018 admit card will be released by the conducting. Those who have successfully registered will able to download admit card. NEET 2018 admit card will be available on the official website from the 1st week of April, 2018.CBSE will not send it via post.
NEET 2018 admit card consists of following details:
- Name of candidate
- Father’s Name
- Category of candidate
- Photograph of candidate
- Roll Number of candidate
- Name and address of exam center
- Date and time of exam
If there is any discrepancy in the admit card such as the name of candidate or photograph is missing, candidates need to contact the conducting authority immediately.
Note: CBSE will release NEET Hall Ticket in April 2018
NEET 2018 Exam Center:
The exam center for NEET 2018 will be mentioned on the admit card of candidates. There are total 103 exam centers for NEET Examination. The exam centers for NEET are spread evenly in all the states and union territories of the country. While filling the application form, candidates can chose 3 choices for NEET Exam. The final exam center will be allocated by the conducting authority on the basis of preferences of candidates. Once the exam center is allotted to candidates, it will not be altered by the conducting authority. Candidates must reach the exam center with their admit card at least 30 minutes before the exam commences.
NEET 2018 Result
NEET 2018 result will be announced in 3rd week of June, 2018 via online mode. Candidates need to enter their credentials such as registration number and roll number to check their results. Candidates need to take printout of their result as it will be required during counselling. NEET 2018 score card will include the marks and the All India Rank obtained by candidates. The scorecard will be considered by medical institutions for providing admission to candidates in BDS and MBBS courses. A merit list will also be prepared by the conducting authority according to the guidelines from the Honorable Supreme Court of India, MCI, DCI and DGHS.
NEET 2018 Cut off
Minimum marks required to crack NEET Exam are known as cut off. NEET 2018 cut off will calculate on the basis of below given factors:
- The number of candidates appear for the exam.
- The availability of seats in that college which they choose.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
The NEET 2018 cut off will be released in the month of June, 2018 @cbseneet.nic.in. Last year The minimum qualifying marks for NEET 2018 examination should be 50% for general candidates, 45% for General-PH candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates.
Check the expected cut off from below given table:
|Category of candidates||Marks|
|OBC & PH||491-081|
|SC & PH||303-081|
|ST & PH||297-081|
NEET 2018 Counselling
The counselling process of NEET 2018 will start from the 3rd week of June, 2018. Candidates who clear NEET exam will go for the counselling procedure. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) will conduct the counselling for 15% All India Quota seats through online mode.
Counselling for 85% State Quota seats will be conducted by the counselling committee of the respective states. Candidates can choose their preference for college during the counselling process. They also need to pay counselling fee during the counselling process. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their ranking in the merit list, their choice of college and availability of seats in colleges. After the allotment of seats, candidates need to reach at the allotted colleges to complete the formalities of admission.
Ans: NEET Application form will be released in the first month of January ,2018
Ans: It will conducted on May 10,2018 (tentative)
Ans: No application form is available only online mode.
Ans: Candidate minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 25 years for General category. There is a relaxation of reserved category for 5 years.
Ans: Students can take 9 attempts for General category. For SC/ST candidate he can take 14 attempt.
Ans: Yes Aadhar Card is mandatory for Indian candidates.
Ans: Yes those students who are appearing in class 12th are also eligible for NEET 2018.
Ans: Yes they are eligible but it is mandatory to show their passport with their photo ID.
Ans: For General Category minimum 50% , for general-Ph there is a relaxation of 5% and for SC/ST candidate minimum 40% with Physics,Chemistry,Biology subject is mandatory for applying NEET 2018.
Ans: Admission seat are divided into 4 quota:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats